Sunday, April 6, 2014

Better late than never!

Happy Sunday Morning!

Sitting at my new island enjoying a cup of coffee...which btw I didn't like until I met my old man lol I quite enjoy coffee now but it has to be sweet and flavored...and weak...my friends call it dirty water lol I enjoy writing so I get off track with where my thoughts were headed...lol so bear with me as I get to my point.

What I've learned at my sassy age...yes I'm sassy...I wish I would have learned years ago to buy all white dinnerware and serving pieces. Becoming an adult...wife...and home maker...I was excited to matchy match. You know what I'm saying...If my  kitchen was yellow...everything had to be yellow...I love snowmen at Christmas...so I found dinnerware with snowmen on them and then had to buy blue glasses to use...and I'm not a blue person.

Took me awhile...yes many years...lol to learn this...and for me it works perfectly...I now buy everything white...and even throw in glass pieces...bowls, plates, beverage glasses etc... The fun and exciting part for me...is trolling every Ross, Marshalls, TJ Max etc... looking for white pieces...because at this point in my life they don't have to matchy match. Every piece I use...even though different looks great together!

So...took me too long to figure this out...but  you know we never stop learning...I've passed this onto my recently married 22 year old...middle of 5...oldest daughter. Bet you didn't realize there was going to be brain teasers in my blog...especially so early in the morning. As I've mentioned before...I have 5 children...she is #3...but the oldest daughter. My 2 older children are my grown sons...and then the 3 younger children are my aggravating...I mean precious daughters. lol

My daughter has started to do the same thing...which took me too long to learn...and she loves it...also helped that when Mom threw her a shower I got her started on a bunch of white pieces. Lucky her...more like lucky me to be blessed with 5 amazing kids!

Which brings me to my point for this post this morning...what do you think of my new find? I spent the day with my bestie...for my birthday on Thursday enjoying a birthday shopping spree.  She picked this bowl up...and of course I fell in love and then she put it down. I snatched that up and asked her are you sure you don't want this...well what do you think? Are you in love too?

I need to figure out this blog design stuff...but in the meantime...I hope you enjoy my blog so far!

Thanks for visiting!

♥Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment